We serve the nuclear industry by providing numerous laboratory and field testing, calibration, and troubleshooting services to verify the performance of process instrumentation and control systems in nuclear power plants throughout the United States and the world.
AMS provides testing services to verify the performance of nuclear plant temperature, pressure, level, flow, and neutron flux instrumentation; all of which are vital to the efficiency and safety of a plant.
- RTD Response Time Testing
- Response Time Testing of Pressure Transmitters or Thermocouples
- RTD and Thermocouple Cross Calibration
- RTD Replacement Services
- Evaluating Pressure Transmitters for Sensing Line Problems
- ERT: Multi-Channel RTD Response Time Test Unit
AMS’ cable aging management program is designed to fulfill the increased regulatory requirements for plant life extension by improving cable reliability and helping to diagnose and resolve cable aging problems before they become dangerous. This ultimately saves a nuclear power plant critical time and cost from unnecessary plant shut-downs.
- Cable Aging Management
- Cable Condition Monitoring System
- Indenter Polymer Aging Monitor (IPAM) System
- Frequency Domain Reflectometry (FDR) Testing
- Condition Monitoring of Live Cables
- Nuclear Instrumentation Systems Testing Program
- Automated Cable Testing for Control Rod Drive Mechanisms
- Cable Testing for Early Detection of Pressurizer Heater Degradation
A plant installing digital upgrades or wireless systems must ensure that electromagnetic signals emitted by new equipment will not interfere with the operation of existing equipment. Conversely, the plant must also ensure that other equipment in the plant will not emit electromagnetic signals that may cause the new equipment to malfunction or fail.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility: EMC Qualification Testing and Troubleshooting
- Implementation of Wireless Technologies
- Wireless Vibration Monitoring
- Wireless Vibration Monitoring for Research Reactors
The CRDMs receive their power for movement from the rod control system, which receives signals for automatic rod movement from the plant control system. AMS provides a system which can measure the timing and sequencing of CRDM signals and automatically verify they are operating within specification. Additionally, it can provide diagnostic information about the health of the rod control system.
- Rod Control Diagnostics System for CRDMs
- CEDM Diagnostics System
- Digital Rod Position Indication (DRPI) Coil Diagnostics System
- Digital Rod Position Indication (DRPI) System Upgrade
- Timing and Sequencing Verification of Slave Cyclers
- DC Hold Testing for CRDM Systems
- Automated Rod Drop Time Measurements for DRPI Systems
- Automated Rod Movement Testing for CRDM Systems
- Automated Rod Drop Time Measurements for ARPI Systems
- Rod Control Diagnostic System for WPPs
Online Monitoring (OLM) technology uses the normal output of existing process sensors to verify the sensor’s performance, identify process anomalies, and assess the residual life of plant equipment. From data acquisition to advanced signal processing and diagnostics, AMS’ OLM suite gives your plant the tools to transition from time-based to condition-based maintenance of critical process instrumentation and equipment.
- On-line Monitoring
- Instrument Performance Analysis Software System (IPASS)
- On-line Monitoring in SMRS
AMS regularly holds a five-day master-level training course covering nuclear power plant instrumentation and the latest developments in I&C maintenance technologies. This course is held at the AMS training facility in our main headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee. The same course is also conducted in specific locations in Europe to best fit the needs of attendees. AMS will also bring the course to the any company or organization that enrolls at least five people.