AMS’ new anechoic chamber.
Cable testing being performed in the AMS testing lab
The GTEM Cell in the EMC Laboratory
The AMS laboratories are also equipped with a wide range of equipment for testing instrumentation and process sensors, such as environmental chambers, furnaces, constant temperature ovens, and two fully instrumented test loops equipped with various wired and wireless sensors. The company also has a fully outfitted temperature sensor response time and precision calibration laboratory for nuclear-grade temperature sensors.
The Materials Testing Laboratory at AMS is also fully equipped to perform a full suite of visual, thermal, chemical, electrical, and mechanical tests and evaluations. This laboratory supports cable condition assessments, failure analysis, materials identification, and research and development in a variety of areas.
AMS also boasts a seventy-person training center where it routinely hosts training courses, industry events, and company meetings. All AMS facilities are equipped with extensive computing, networking, and video conferencing capabilities that enable workplace productivity and ensure AMS maintains its state-of-the-art technical capabilities.
AMS’ testing facilities include:
- A state-of-the-art EMC and instrument precision calibration laboratory with direct traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- A cable testing laboratory equipped with temperature conditioning and heat-treating furnaces, an environmental chamber, and specialized cable condition monitoring equipment capable of TDR, FDR, IR, LCR, and other electrical characteristics tests
- A temperature sensor response time testing facility and pressure sensor response time testing equipment
- Hydraulic and pneumatic test loops
- A complete set of nuclear power plant instrumentation cabinets
- A machine shop and equipment manufacturing and repair facility
- Data acquisition systems with dedicated algorithms
- Extensive computing, networking, and video conferencing capabilities
- A comprehensive technical library