AMS has decades of I&C testing experience within the operating fleet of light water reactors (LWRs). As experts in I&C technologies, AMS offers next-generation reactor developers key insight and support in a variety of areas including:
Core AMS Competencies Applicable to Next-Generation Reactors:
- Sensor Response Time Testing, Calibration, Diagnostics, Prognostics, and Online Monitoring
- In-situ Cable Testing, Troubleshooting, Condition Monitoring, Fault Finding, and Cable Aging Management
- Digital I&C System Testing (Including EMC Qualification and Software Reliability Testing)
- I&C Sensor / Cable Selection Guidance
- Pre-qualification Testing of Prototype Sensor Technologies
Over the years, we have a contributed to a number of research and development projects in support of new reactor development and are eager to collaborate with reactor vendors, national laboratories, and academia to support deployment of new reactors and restore the leadership of the United States in the nuclear energy sector. To read about our current R&D projects click here.