AMS Attends the 2023 ANS NPIC&HMIT Conference in Knoxville, TN
In July 2023, AMS participated in the 2023 American Nuclear Society (ANS) Nuclear Plant Instrumentation, Control & Human-Machine Interface Technologies (NPIC&HMIT) conference that was co-located with the International Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Analysis (PSA) meeting in Knoxville, TN.
Four AMS representatives attended the conference throughout the week to network with other industry professionals, present several papers that were submitted by the company, and speak on panels regarding the exciting state of the nuclear industry. Dr. Hash Hashemian (President), Dr. Chad Kiger (EMC Manager), Mr. Ryan O’Hagan (Marketing Manager), and Mr. Adam Deatherage (Applications Engineer) attended the conference and presented the following papers:
- Multi-Parameter Sensor for Next-Generation Nuclear Reactors (A. Hashemian, S. Tyler, J. Houser, and R. Skifton)
- Development of a Virtual Sensor for Leading Edge Flow Meter Measurements in Nuclear Power Plants (B. Shumaker, C. Guillotte, B. Moazen, Z. Becker, and J. Coble)
- Embedded Sensing Technologies for Microreactor Online Monitoring (J. Houser, S. Tyler, M. Davis, and D. King)
- Automated Diagnostics of Control Rod Drive Mechanisms with Machine Learning (B. Shumaker, C. Guillotte, B. Moazen, and Z. Becker)
- Development of a Heat Pipe Based Testbed for Online Monitoring of Microreactors (S. Tyler, J. Houser, B. Shumaker, and A. Hashemian)
- Latest Trend in Worldwide Nuclear Energy Production (H. Hashemian)
- Acceptance Criteria for Instrumentation and Control Cabling (P. Ward, C. Ferree, E. Connatser, and C. Sexton)
- Fault Detection of Digital Instrumentation and Control Systems Using Integrated Electromagnetic Compatibility and Automated Functional Testing (G. Morton, B. Shumaker, and D. McCarter)
Additionally, AMS had the pleasure of hosting nearly 200 guests at AMS headquarters for a tour of our facilities, dinner, and a reception. We always have a great time hosting members of the nuclear community whenever we get the chance. Thank you to everyone who came and made the night a great one!