AMS Attends the Advanced Reactors Summit IX
AMS had several representatives at the Advanced Reactors Summit IX in Sun Valley, Idaho last month. Dr. Hash Hashemian (President), Dr. Chad Kiger (Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering Manager), and Mr. Adam Deatherage (Applications Engineer) attended the conference and learned about efforts being made by other experts in the industry to expand a carbon-free nuclear future.
The Summit’s lead sponsors were NuScale Power and Idaho National Laboratory. We enjoyed getting to speak with representatives from each of these organizations to learn more about how AMS can continue to support the missions of these companies.
Some of the featured topics included:
- Regulators perspective on advanced reactors and small modular reactors
- Advanced reactors progress and challenges
- Burgeoning interest in advanced reactor deployment
- Space nuclear applications
- Deployment of hydrogen production at nuclear sites
- Decarbonization of the non-electric industry
- Advanced fuel development and High-Assay Low Enriched Uranium (HALEU) production
- Repowering of coal sites for advanced nuclear
- S. Department of Energy utilization of advanced reactor technologies
- Fusion deployment
AMS also had the honor of hosting the Advanced Reactors Summit IX Trailblazer Awards Reception. The event took place on April 4th at the Sun Valley Inn and honored the following awardees:
- Kam Ghaffarian, Founder and Chairman of X-energy
- Mark Peters, Executive Vice President of Global Laboratory Operations at Battelle
- The Honorable Michael D. Crapo, United States Senator in Idaho
We had a great time at the conference and are looking forward to next year’s event. We hope to see you there!
If you’d like to learn more about how AMS can support your organization, feel free to reach out at email@example.com. To keep up with the latest happenings at AMS headquarters, be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!