AMS Attends the 2022 Molten Salt Reactor Workshop at ORNL
AMS President, Dr. Hash Hashemian, had the pleasure of presenting the annual awards at the 2022 American Nuclear Society (ANS) Winter Meeting this November. Dr. Hashemian is the Chairman of the ANS Honors and Awards (H&A) committee and has the pleasure of presenting the awards at each meeting.
This year there were several national award winners to announce:
- Fellow of ANS – Dr. Ryan McClarren of the University of Notre Dame
- Seaborg Medal – Dr. Steven Zinkle of the University of Tennessee
- Gail de Planque Medal – Lauren Dawn Thew of BCP Engineers & Consultants
- Mary Jane Oestmann Award – Dr. Assel Aitkaliyeva of the University of Florida and Dr. Catherine Riddle of the Idaho National Laboratory
- Reactor Technology Award – Dr. Koroush Shirvan of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Social Responsibility in the Nuclear Community Award – Dr. Lane Carasik, Lisa Marshall, and Dr. Kalin Kiesling of the ANS Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Landis Public Communication and Education Award – Jim Walther of the National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
- Young Members Advancement Award – Craig Piercy of the American Nuclear Society
- Young Member Excellence Award – Alexandra Siwy of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Standards Service Award – Douglas Bowen of Oak Ridge National Laboratory
AMS would like to congratulate all of the recipients of this year’s ANS awards!
To see the full presentation of these awards and learn more about the awardees, check out this video on our YouTube channel.