building2

AMS Corporation is a nuclear engineering consulting firm specializing in testing the instrumentation and control systems of nuclear power plants.

about_ams_1

Administrative assistants at AMS

about_ams_2

The Cable Group of AMS

about_ams_3

Brent Shumaker gives a demonstration in the AMS labs

Analysis and Measurement Services Corporation (AMS) is a recognized market leader in providing the worldwide nuclear power industry with equipment, training, and services to verify the performance of process instrumentation and Control (I&C) Systems.

The AMS campus spans over 100,000 square feet of office, laboratory and expansion space staffed by highly qualified specialists with degrees in electrical, mechanical, nuclear, chemical, computer and material engineering. Approximately 70 percent of the company’s activities are dedicated to performing field measurements in nuclear power plants. The remaining 30 percent is divided into equipment development, laboratory testing, research and development, and technical training.

qa_header

 

We are very proud of our comprehensive Quality Assurance program. It has been audited by NUPIC every 2 to 3 years for the last 30 years. It is also designed to comply with 10CFR50 Appendix B and its related standards. AMS is a certified A2LA Laboratory for qualification testing of a variety of components for nuclear power plants and other industries.

We also perform high-level technology research and development projects for a number of national and international organizations and governmental agencies, including the U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, U.S. Department of Defense, NASA, U.S. Navy, and the Electric Power Research Institute. Furthermore, we work with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), International Electrical Commission (IEC), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and International Society for Automation (ISA) to produce consensus standards and guidelines for maintenance of nuclear power plants.


 
about_ams_4

Members of the EMC Group perform tests in the EMC Laboratory


HISTORY
AMS was founded in 1977 as a spinoff company of ORNL and the University of Tennessee.

 
about_ams_4

Mehrad Hashemian (L) and Ryan O’Hagan (R) during a training course at AMS

 

EMPLOYEES
Approximately 100 employees. AMS is staffed by a group of engineers and scientists with B.S. to Ph.D. degrees in nuclear, electrical, mechanical, chemical, computer, and material engineering.

 
about_ams_4

Alex Hashemian (L) and Jake Woods (R) give a lab demonstration during a training session



 
LOCATION
Knoxville, TN USA. Knoxville is home to the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, The Tennessee Valley Authority, as well as the University of Tennessee with its nationally acclaimed nuclear engineering graduate program.