AMS Nears Completion of State-of-the-Art EMC Testing Chamber
AMS has an exclusive array of equipment and technologies to meet the EMC qualification needs of the nuclear industry and to support digital I&C and wireless technology implementation. AMS’ state-of-the-art EMC laboratory in Knoxville, Tennessee is an A2LA Accredited Electrical Testing facility (A2LA Cert. No. 3483.01) that is staffed by iNARTE–certified EMC Engineers and Specialists. We provide 24/7 EMC testing services on-site at nuclear power plants and in our EMC laboratory at AMS.
AMS has just completed the construction of a third building, representing a major expansion to its main technology campus. This new $5 million testing and research and development (R&D) facility will add 15,000 square feet of new office and laboratory space to AMS’ existing headquarters, including a $1 million electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) chamber. The new chamber contains nearly 10,000 cubic feet for MIL-STD and IEC testing to meet the EMC requirements of the NRC and EPRI and is designed to accommodate equipment with weights up to 5000 lbs. The new chamber also features a 1000 cubic foot control room that allows for remote access of support equipment.
- EMC Standards and Guidance Capabilities
NRC Regulatory Guide 1.180, EPRI TR-102323,
IEC 62003, MIL-STD 461, MIL-STD 464, IEC 61000 Emissions
- Staffed By iNARTE Certified EMC Engineers
- 24/7 Availability
- Facility Can Accomodate Double Bay Wide Cabinets and Weights Up to 5000 lbs. Chamber Door Size is 8 ft. x 9ft.
- Test Capabilities From DC to 30GHz
- Up to 100kVA Power Systems
480, 208, 120 Vac
250, 125 Vdc
- Remote Video Monitoring Capability
- RF Isolated Control Room For Support Equipment