AMS provides laboratory and field testing, calibration, and troubleshooting services for a variety of applications in process and power industries. The laboratory services are provided at AMS’s headquarters for equipment, sensors, and components that are sent from the customer.Read More
AMS regularly holds a five-day course in the USA to cover the latest developments in I&C maintenance technologies. The same course is also conducted once every three years in Europe. The location of courses rotates annually to best fit the needs of attendees. AMS will also bring the course to the facility of any company or organization that enrolls at least five people.
Custom CoursesRead More
AMS can design courses to a client’s specification. Such courses are designed and developed in consultation with clients and are based on material compiled by AMS. The duration of the custom courses is usually two to three days; they are held at any location desired by the client, including AMS’ facilities.
AMS recently attended the Winter 2014 meeting of the PWR Owners Group Instrumentation and Control (ICWG) Working Group meeting, January 20-24, 2014, in Clearwater, Florida. AMS presented two special topics during the meeting:
- Latest Noise Analysis Techniques and Associated Operating Experience with ICWG Related Systems
- Presented by Dr. H.M. Hashemian Ph.D., President, AMS Corporation
- Noise analysis techniques are constantly changing and improving. AMS updated the group on the latest techniques with focus on applicability and OE relating to ICWG related systems.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) on New Equipment Installations
- Presented by Mr. Chad J. Kiger, Director of EMC, AMS Corporation
- As plants install new components or entire new systems, EMC needs to be considered. AMS will provide information on:
- Latest industry standards
- What tests should be performed on the equipment prior to installation
- What tests can be performed on the existing location and existing equipment
- What actions can be taken if EMC concerns are identified
AMS is working on the design of new I&C sensors for Small Modular Reactors (SMRs) and the adaptation of existing online monitoring technologies for I&C maintenance. The model shown was produced using 3D printing technology to better visualize the unique geometries associated with SMRs. This model is based on a design by NuScale Power.
Dr. H.M. Hashemian, AMS President and CEO, and Mr. Ryan O’Hagan, Engineering Project Manager, recently gave a special technical course entitled, “On-Line I&C Maintenance for VVERs,” in conjunction with an Instrumentation and Control (I&C) technology conference held in Kharkov, Ukraine.
Attendees of the course included nuclear power plant operators, researchers, and regulators from the Ukraine, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and other countries.
Click here to read more and for photos of the event.
Dr. H.M. Hashemian, President and CEO of Analysis and Measurement Services Corporation (AMS) in Knoxville, Tennessee, has been selected by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) in Washington, D.C. as the 2013 Tennessee Small Business Person of the Year.
AMS held an Open House celebration to commemorate this event. Click here to view the photo gallery.
Click here to download the AMS Corporate Brochure.